Season information by Division
The Sherwood Park Titans Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). www.gelc.ab.ca
The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Lacrosse Clubs in Participating Communities
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock.
Associate members from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray may also be participating at the 8U thru 16U levels, resulting in weekend games in the schedule against these teams.
- You must reside with in the boundaries for the Sherwood Park Titans box lacrosse club, to play for Sherwood Park Titans. See registration page for boundary lines.
- The lacrosse season for the Sherwood Park Titans begins late March with evaluations (for levels 10u - 16u)
- The lacrosse season ends with city championship late June, and Provincials in early July.
- League play starts in mid April with game scheduled by the GELC (greater edmonton lacrosse council) interlocked with other clubs in Edmonton and surrounding area.
- Sherwood Park Titans offer many levels of lacrosse. The age divisions are 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U.
- The divisions for 6U, 8U are not leveled or evaluated.
- 6U and 8U are co-ed teams.
- They allow reciprocal friend requests.
- 6U are usually on the floor 1 time per week (combination practice/game)
- 8U are usually on the floor 2 times per week (practice and a game)
- The Sherwood Park Titans offer separate boys and girls teams from 10U - 16U (6U and 8U are Co-Ed).
- The divisions for 10U are evaluated and leveled to attempt a level of parity between team
- 10U players are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games)
- 10U is unable to offer friend requests (teams need to be leveled)
- All girls divisions are levelled. They are evaluated to attempt a level of parity between teams if there are enough players for more than one team at each level.
- 12U, 14U and 16U age groups get separated in to tiers. There are A teams and B teams. These teams are formed by tryouts and selections during evaluations pre-season.
- 'A' level teams are usually on the floor a minimum of 3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- 'B' level teams are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- The Sherwood Park Titans and the Beaumont Raiders join together for the A Team divisions.
Click the links below for more information from the GELC on each age group:
gelc 2021 playing season information