Titans Classic Tournament 2022
Tournament Rules & Guidelines
- Overage players are not permitted unless granted an exception from ALA Executive
- Affiliates may be used as per ALA regulations and must be identified as AP (affiliate player) on the game sheets. As per regulation 28.
- Worn at all times
- Any player without a mouth guard will be given a 2 minute delay of game penalty for improper equipment and will not be permitted back onto the floor until a mouth guard can be presented
- Invisalign braces are not considered “mouth protection” and will not be permitted as a mouth guard
- All teams must have two (2) sets of jerseys, one home, one away or be prepared with a set of pinnies
- HOME teams shall wear light colours, AWAY shall wear dark. If team colours are similar, HOME team will be required to change jerseys.
- Is prohibited on the floor. This includes piercings. All piercings must be covered if removal is not possible.
- Will be left clean and tidy for the next team behind you
- No equipment bags will be permitted to be left in rooms
- Be respectful of the space
- This includes washroom stalls/shower areas as well
- Will be inspected prior to each teams arrival for any damages and teams will be notified
** ABSOLUTELY NO BALLS are to be thrown, cradled etc., outside of a designated playing surface, at any of the tournament venues and facilities. Facilities staff have been advised to give ONE warning. If facilities staff need to ask again, offenders will be subject to disciplinary action by the Tournament Discipline Committee, which may include suspension/expulsion from the tournament along with any incurred costs from damages. No exceptions- leave the lacrosse balls in your bag!!!**
- HOME team is responsible for picking up the sheets from the raffle/registration table
- HOME team is responsible to return ALL COPIES of the game sheet to the registration/raffle tables at the end of every game.
- Then the home team gets 1 copy and the away team gets 1 copy with the top 2 copies going to the tournament host.
- Game results will be uploaded and available on www.sherwoodparktitans.ca
- 10U - 60 minutes ( 5 min warmup, 3x15 min run time periods, 3 min rest between periods)
- 12U - 75 minutes (5 minute warmup, 2x15 and 1x20 minute stop time periods, 3 minute rest between periods)
- 14U & 16U - 90 minutes (5 minute warmup, 3x20 minute stop time periods, 3 minute rest between periods
- All games will be played out (including round robin). Two (2) points for a win, zero (0) for a loss
- Mercy Rule in any game that has a goal differential of 6 goals or more shall be played at run time from that point on. IF the differential goal becomes 4 or less the game reverts back to stop time.
- At no time will the goal differential of 6 or more be posted on the scoreboard only recorded on the game sheet
Note: If games fall behind schedule, on-floor warm-ups, rest periods, stop time, or game time must be reduced or eliminated. NO games will end in a Tie.
- Will go to overtime, In round robin play, there will be a five (5) minute sudden death victory periods until a goal is scored with one (1) minute of rest between periods
- In medal games only as per CLA, Rule 20: exception is made only to the rest time between periods which will be five (5) minutes.
In the event of a tie in point standings in a competition, final standings shall be determined as follows:
- If two teams are tied, the winner of the game or games between the two teams advances. If a tie still exists, the goal average formula listed below will be used.
- If three or more teams are tied, and if one team has defeated the other teams with which it is tied after round robin play, the team shall advance.
- Otherwise GOAL AVERAGE FORMULA: Only the goals scored in games between the tied teams are used in the goal average formula for tie breaking. Team with the highest ratio advances
- Otherwise GOALS AVERAGE FORMULA: Only the goals scored in games between each other plus common opponents are used in the goal average for tie breaking. The team with the highest ratio advances.
- Otherwise GOALS AGAINST FORMULA: Using goals for and against in all games played by the tied teams.
Formula used: GOALS FOR divided by GOALS FOR + GOALS AGAINST
This formula is applied once to rank all the tied teams.
- Teams supply their own warm-up balls, with the “home” team supplying the game balls.
- There are to be no balls off the playing surface.
Awards & Medals
- One player from each team will be awarded MVP decided upon by the team coaches
- One player from each team will be awarded Heart & Hustle decided upon by the team coaches
- A player can only win each respective award once during the tournament
- The awards will be given to coaches/managers in their team package when they check in for their first game at the respective raffle/registration table
- Medals will be awarded for the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams (No MVP or H & H for medal games)
- HOME team will supply TWO (2) people for the time box
- AWAY team will supply TWO (2) people for the time box
- Scoreboard, Shot Clock, Scoresheet, Penalty Box gate
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- All major penalties will be dealt with by the Tournament Discipline Committee
- “Match Penalty - Abuse of an Official” this will be an automatic suspension until dealt with by the teams LGB
- All suspensions to be served consecutively (tournament, league, provincials)
- Use of a suspended will result in a forfeit of the game and a referral to the ALA discipline or teams LGB
- Teams who have players/coach serving a suspension, must be indicated on the game sheets
- Appeals must be placed with the Tournament Discipline Committee in writing within 30 minutes of the conclusion of the game
- $300 non-refundable bond will be put forward at time of appeal
- The decision of the Tournament Discipline Committee is final unless the sanction carries beyond the tournament
- The Parent Liaison is to maintain appropriate conduct of parents, fans of their own team.
- They will be given a Parent Liaison Lanyard that will identify them as such
- Team managers will introduce them to the referees and they will each sign the score sheet under the appropriate team. Should an incident arise, the referee on the floor or RIC may request the Parent Liaison from that team for a debrief
Parent, Player, Coach Conduct
- There will be ZERO TOLERANCE of any abuse of officials, players, and opposing parents from fans, parents, players and coaches. The offending individual(s) will receive ONE warning. Should the behaviour continue the individual(s) will be requested to leave and depending on severity, the Coach of the team and individual(s) in question would need to meet with the disciplinary committee prior to their next game.
- All referee decisions made during the game are final
- Any match, game or gross misconduct penalties will be sent to the Discipline Committee in the form of a Referee report. After consulting with the committee, a decision will be rendered regarding the suspension, and the decision will be final.
- Official protests in regard to conduct on the field will not be considered.
- Any team who deliberately attempts to delay the game will be assessed a two minute delay of game penalty. If this occurs in the last two minutes of the game, a penalty shot will be awarded.
- **Mouth guards are mandatory for the Titans Tournament. Any player found on the floor not wearing a mouth guard will be asked to leave the game until the player can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the floor officials that he/she has a mouth guard. In addition the team will be assessed a 2 minute penalty for delay of game, serving player is to be from a player on the floor at the time.
COURTESY BETWEEN COMPETITORS
- Team management will not permit any of their players to enter the playing surface while any players from the previous game remain on the floor.
- Any players entering the playing surface between scheduled games shall wear CSA approved helmets and facemask or will be subject to a fine as per ALA Regulations.
Any teams withdrawing from the tournament AFTER May 20, 2022 will forfeit their entry fee. NO exceptions.