General Schedule Info 2023
SCHEDULING NOTES - “When will my kid play?”
As we all try to navigate life and schedules the question of “when will my kids play” always comes up. Unfortunately this is not an easy question to answer in Sherwood Park. The GELC has guidelines on their website, which only apply to Edmonton rinks, and the GELC books those floors for the city clubs. Outside of Edmonton each municipality provides allocation. We are tied by this allocation and have floors to use at the County’s discretion.
Below are some generic points and common situations, however, beyond this, until we have teams made and floors secure each year, the specifics can change.
The GELC schedules ALL games, please see their website.
- ALL PRACTICES RUN 1 FULL HOUR
- U7-U11 GAMES RUN 1 FULL HOUR
- U13 GAMES RUN 1HR 15M
- U15-U17 GAMES RUN 1HR 30M
‘A’ level evaluations are typically 2-6 sessions, which usually start the beginning of February and run until the end of the month. Please see the U13, U15 or U17 Division Homepage for detailed information and Evaluation times.
'B' level or parity team evaluations usually run mid March until the start of pre-season. This is for U11, U13 B, U15 B, U17 B and all Womens Divisions (U11-U17). Please see your Division Homepage for detailed information and evaluation schedules.
- Pre-season usually starts 2-3 weeks before the season.
- The lacrosse season usually beings mid April, the second or third Monday of the month, depending on where Easter falls.
- All teams will practice 1-2 times per week during preseason on weekdays.
- All teams can be given shared floor times where each team is provided half the playing surface with the area in between the rag lines typically being a neutral zone. We try to have the same age group on the floor but when this cannot happen the disparity is typically only one division up or down.
- U7 are usually on the field about 1 time per week (mix of a practice/game)
- U9 are usually on the field about 1-2 times per week (1 practice and 1 game)
- U11 are usually on the field about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games)
- U13, U15 and U17 B level teams are usually on the field about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games)
- U13, U15 and U17 A level teams are usually on the field a minimum of 3-4 times per week (practices and/or games)
- The regular lacrosse season usually runs from mid April until the end of June
- Playoffs and finals can run into mid July for divisions U13 and higher
- In Sherwood Park there are NEVER practices on the weekends during the season, unless a coach puts in special requests, which does happen
- Please note there are always special coach requests and these will NOT necessarily fall into standard scheduling times
- Most games are played on weekdays as well, however there may be some weekend games to accommodate teams that travel from Grande Prairie, etc.
- Rock the North Tournament (NEW WOMEN ONLY TOURNAMENT!): May 5-7, 2023 for all Titans Womens teams
- Mother's Day Mayhem Tournament (Beaumont, AB): May 12-14, 2023 for all Titans U11 Mens teams
- Titans Classic Tournament: June 2-4, 2023 for all Titans U9, U13 A & B Men, U15 A & B Men and U17 B Men
- U7 and U9 Wrap-Up Jamboree in June (Dates and Facility TBD)
- Depending on the division and team there may also be weekend play for other tournaments a team/coach chooses to enter
***For clarity, this means, during the entire season ALL teams will practice Mondays through Fridays on a home rink floor, unless a coach requests specific floor times***