Welcome to U7 Division and Titans Lacrosse 2023!
U7 is for players born in 2017/2018 (ages 5 and 6) and was previously known as 6U/Mini-Tyke.
If you are returning we are so happy to have you back, and if you are new to the sport we are super pumped to have you come and learn with the Titans this season!
- Registration is still open and we are looking for more players to join our U7 Division this season! If you have any friends or family that still want to put their kids in they can easily visit our website to register.
- The schedule will be out ASAP. As numbers become more finalized the U7 Director will work on the process of building teams and once those are done they will be uploaded to the Titans website, where the scheduler will then pair them with a set schedule. Stay tuned for more info to come!
- U7 teams play with 9-12 players per team (dependent on total registrations)
- U7 is co-ed
- U7 can have 1 friend request, they must be reciprocal (please email the director)
- U7 teams will receive one floor time per week, typically on Wednesday nights, usually early evening
- At the start of the season practices times will be scheduled when available to give the coaches and players a chance to get together before league play begins.
- Lacrosse practices will start at the beginning of April, the actual season begins April 17.
- U7 teams are pooled by region by the GELC. Sherwood Park is part of the South Pool, typically playing teams from Leduc, South Edmonton, and Beaumont.
- U7 play half floor, 3 on 3, with no goalies, no referee, and a soft practice ball is used. The one hour time slot is divided into a 5-minute warm up, three 15 min periods and a 3-minute break between. (Clock is run during timeouts)
- There will be NO SHOT CLOCK at U7
- All teams will participate in a few games against other clubs teams (dependent on registration numbers of other clubs), based on closest geography and these games will be played on two Saturdays or perhaps one Sunday, through the season. The dates for these are in May TBD and June TBD.
- The 2023 Jamboree Wrap Up Weekend for the Season will on the Weekend of June TBD (in the past it has been Fatherâ€™s Day weekend)
- JERSEY: You will be loaned a jersey/pinnie for the season, to be returned at the end.
- ** Mouthguards are not mandatory for U7 as per ALA Regulation 18.03.3The typical lacrosse season for the Sherwood Park U7 begins at the start-mid of April:
Playing Equipment required:
- Helmet with a full face cage (Hockey helmet are approved for use, & field lacrosse helmets are approved)
- Lacrosse Stick
- Gloves (hockey or lacrosse)
- Shoulder pads/ chest protector (can use a hockey one)
- Kidney belt (specific to the sport of lacrosse)
- Elbow pads
- Slash guards (fit between the top of shoulder pads and elbow pads)
- Knee pads (optional)
- Athletic cup
- Indoor runners
- I would like to put out a call for coaches and assistant coaches to submit their interest as soon as possible. To be on the bench you will need a CLA Community Development level certification, and a criminal records check. All costs covered by the Titans. I would like to get whoever is interested organized as soon as possible, its not a huge time commitment to get done, its a 2 day course and I believe its available online now as well. Once you take it you are set to be on the bench for your child until they move into the competitive levels. There are several offerings coming up but we need to get people registered soon. Expectations would be to perform practice planning, to be able to attend the weekly floor time and year end tournament and some parent and volunteer coordination. Teams are small at this age, and I have found coaching to be relatively pressure free and very fun, so please reach out if you are interested and I can get you some more info. If you have coaching background in hockey but are new to the sport do not hesitate to put in for a head coaching position as fundamentals are the focus at this level and can be taught to coaches through clinics and experience. No experience at all but want to help out? By all means please put in to help assistant coach on the floor.
- When the season starts each team will need a jersey parent and potential manager to assist the coaches with off floor logistics, if you have interest in these positions be sure to email me or let your coach know when teams are formed.
If you have any specific questions, please contact the Division Director: U7@sherwoodparktitans.ca