U9 Division and 2024 Season Info (2016/2017) under 9 years old - ages 7 & 8
- The typical lacrosse season for the Sherwood Park Titans U9 begins at the start of April.
- U9 teams will consist of 8 to 16 players per team (dependent on registrations)
- U9 will have evaluations this season to ensure parity teams are mad. Evaluations will consist of skills and parity games. Stay tuned for more details and dates/times.
- U9 will receive two floor times per week - typically Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and early evening times. Although every effort will be made to maintain a schedule of only these evenings there may be times where practices must be scheduled on another evening to provide 2 floor times in one week. Game start times will be between 6:00 to 7:00 pm.
- Please note there is a possibility of the odd Saturday game. These would be weekend games for Westlock and Grande Prairie to be played in Edmonton/Area.
- Lacrosse practices will start at the beginning of April, with League play to begin mid April.
- U9 will play approximately 8 to 10 league games.
- U9 teams are scheduled in close geographical proximity to Sherwood Park
- U9 will follow the LTAD Option L with the following modifications:
- Shift on the fly
- Regulation ball used
- No coaches on the floor
- U9 level lacrosse is full floor, 5 on 5 lacrosse, with goalies.
- Players will rotate as goalie (so everyone gets a chance to try)
- Referees are present for the game portion of the time slot to start and stop play. Play will be stopped for infractions.
- 5 min warm-up, 3 x 12 min straight run-time periods, 3 min breaks between periods, NO SHOT CLOCK at U9
- Game sheets should be filled out for U9 games
- The year-end wrap-up Jamboree weekend for all of the U7 teams in the GELC is scheduled for June 15-16, 2024
- JERSEY: You will be loaned a jersey that is to be returned at the end of the season
Goalie Equipment for U9 age level - 1 set per team will be loaned out from the Sherwood Park Titans equipment locker. If any other players are interested in borrowing goalie equipment, please contact the equipment director for more information and fees: email@example.com
Helmet with a full-face cage
(Hockey helmet are approved for use, also field lacrosse helmets are approved)
Gloves (hockey or lacrosse)
Shoulder pads/ chest protector (can use a hockey one)
Kidney belt (specific to the sport of lacrosse)
Slash guards (fit between the top of shoulder pads and elbow pads)
Mouth guard *mandatory for U9 and up as per GELC Regulation 10.04
Titans shorts (for games are preferred) *Only available for purchase through Sin Bin
If you have specific questions, please email the division director U9@sherwoodparktitans.ca