Coaches / Team Staff Registration and Training
Thank you for volunteering your time to Titans minor lacrosse!
Coaching and mentoring young people takes a lot of time and energy - it’s important to develop their skills, grow their love of the game and make sure they have fun at the same time.
You are critical to the success of the Titans program not only as leaders of our young athletes but as Titan’s bench staff you have an important administrative process that must be followed.
On that note, the Titans Board will be closely managing key critical steps that must be followed for us to be compliant with ALA requirements. The ALA fines clubs if the registration process is not completed by a certain time frame. As well, coaches are not allowed on the bench during playoffs without their proper training. Therefore, we ask that you follow the checklist and ensure that you meet the requirements outlined below:
RAMP Registration - Deadline TBD, 2024
- All bench staff (coaches, managers, trainers) must register on RAMP as staff. SPTLA will cover the cost of registering the following for each team: Head Coach, two Assistant Coaches, and a manager. The registration fees for bench staff over and above will be covered by the team or coach. Please note, all women's teams must have one registered woman on their bench staff as per ALA regulations.
*If your team is registering a trainer - ALA Regulation 25 applies. Trainers must have the appropriate certification (example: any St. John Ambulance Emergency First Aid course of 8 hours, or appropriate designation - MD, RN, police, firefighter). The ALA recognizes only one trainer.
1. Login to your player's RAMP account to register yourself: (Link to be updated Jan. 13, 2024)
2. Click on the "My Account Members" drop-down menu. If you have NOT been added, click on "Add an Account Member"
3. Click on "Register" and choose "staff." *Please do not register your child as staff*
4. Review the Coaches' and Managers' tab on the website for FULL details on team staff registration and training to ensure you have your Criminal Record Check and Coach Certification requirements.
Criminal Record Check (CRC) - Deadline: TBD, 2024
- All bench staff (coaches, managers, trainers) must have a current CRC (valid for 2 years).
- Open this link for the letter to take to your local attachment to have the fee waived.
- CRCs must be uploaded with your RAMP staff registration.
Appropriate Coach Training & NCCP Number - Deadline: TBD, 2024
- GELC Coaching Pathway - Outlines the various certifications, pre-requisites and required certifications for each age division
- GELC Coaching Certification - Steps on how to become a lacrosse coach
- 2024 Coaching Clinics Information
- Instructions on how to sign up for a coaching clinic
- Alternatively you can contact their office at email@example.com for further information on this year’s coaching clinics
- Titans coaches will not be required to pay for their clinic - the Titans will be invoiced. Should you not show up the Titans will be invoiced $ 25.00 for a no show fee which we will pass along.
- All coaches must include their NCCP number to their RAMP staff registration. If you need help adding your NCCP number to your registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a new coach, registering with Lacrosse Canada for the first time, please go ahead and pay the $15 registration fee. Keep receipt of your payment and the SP Titans will refund you for this cost. Please contact our Treasurer for reimbursement: email@example.com
Please reach out to your appropriate Division Director with any questions or concerns. Please note, you will be contacted if you are missing information.
COACHES, BENCH STAFF, and MANAGERS
(all team staff or team members in contact with the players)
NEED TO COMPLETE A REGISTRATION ON THE RAMP SITE!
Everyone must register in RAMP every season. This is required to be allowed on the bench and listed on the game sheets. It is required by our insurance providers.