Welcome to U11 Birth year 2013 2014 (the under 11 years old division. This was 10U previously.)
- U11 has both male and female divisions and teams. You choose the division at registration.
- U11 teams will consist of a min 12 runners +1 goalie, up to 18 runners + 2 goalies per team (dependent on registrations)
- U11 will receive two floor times per week - typically weeknights (M-F) 1 game & 1 practice
- Practices start April and games middle of April, typically games are scheduled during the week
- Titans shorts are required for games *Only available for purchase through Sin Bin
- Each team gets 2 sets of jerseys (home/away) that need to be returned at the end of the season
- GELC Playoffs are the last 2 weeks of June. The winning team for each division will go to provincials, held in Edmonton this season: July 14, 15, 16, 2023
- U11 is typically played with teams created for parity. If the club has enough players for more than 1 team the teams are formed with the intent of creating equal strength teams (Parity teams).
- There are tryouts and evaluations to allow this to occur. Info to be posted on the webpage.
- Approx ___ games during the season are planned for the GELC clubs.
- There may be a couple of games on the weekends. These would be weekend games for Westlock and Grande Prairie, Camrose etc. to be played in Edmonton/Area. They travel to Edmonton/area to have teams to play against.
- The Men s Division is set up with club teams competing geographically close to start. Then after a set number of games (after the May long weekend), the teams will be resorted and placed in different divisions with similarly skilled teams for the remaining season games.
- The Women s Division is set to play against all the other women s teams in the same age division in the GELC league the entire season. This is due to a smaller number of total teams in the GELC clubs.
- U11 Mens: Motherâ€™s Day Mayhem Tournament in Beaumont (Motherâ€™s Day weekend)
- U11 Womens: Rock the North Tournament (May 5-7, 2023)
- U11 Games are 1 hour in length. 5 mins of warm up practice and then 3 - 15 min straight time periods with 3 min for rest in between. Full rink surface, with 30 second shot clock, and referee s and goalies. Nets are medium size - 4x4 size. In U11 each game or period, as applicable shall be run time except that the clock will be stopped for timeouts. A score sheet must be completed and uploaded to GELC website.
- All goals, penalties and assists are recorded. A differential of 5 goals is not to be posted to the scoreboard, but is recorded on the game sheet.
- U11 Rules 15.17.1 All U11 box lacrosse games shall be played in accordance with Lacrosse Canada Rules according to LTAD Option L
- Goalie Equipment for U11 age level will be loaned out from the Sherwood Park Titans equipment locker, please contact the equipment director for more information and deposit info: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email your division director U11@sherwoodparktitans.ca